We have every reason to celebrate and party! Hanging out with friends, family dine out, party at office, romantic date night, kiddies birthday parties, graduation, engagement and wedding and everything. Even for nothing, let’s celebrate to cheer you. In fact, girls don’t need any reason to adore her beautifully with stunning outfit and best makeup! Of course, anything that is beautiful simply grabs the attention.
The major reason where many girls find it difficult is holding the makeup for longer hours. Especially, when it comes to evening makeup, for parties and special occasions, you not only need to wear the makeup right, but also keep it intact until the party wraps.
Evening makeup for a party is quite different from day makeup. The makeup routine itself changes a lot. Here is your simple guide to evening makeup.
Five factors that influence evening makeup
Dressing up for the parties in the evenings and dinner nights almost limited to glossy lips and wearing smokey eyes! It is more than that! Now, consider these facts before you decide on the cosmetics to use.
What’s the season?
Is it summer? Is it winter? Or is it blossoming spring? Base your makeup accordingly. If it is summer, you need to wear the light makeup. If it is winter, go for heavy makeup! Spring, it is all yours.
What’s the occasion?
You cannot wear the same makeup for a party with your colleagues and romantic dinner with your spouse. Wedding makeup for an engagement and a birthday party can’t be the same. Just think about what suits the occasion and zero on the one that suits you well.
What you wear?
This is quite an important consideration for evening makeup. Choosing a flattering outfit isn’t a big deal at all! Yet, your evening makeup and the outfit should complement each other.
How long you intend to spend?
The longer you intend to spend on the party or outdoors, more cautious you should be in choosing the right cosmetics. If you have a night long party, make sure to pick the long wearing makeup.
How quick should you get ready with the evening makeup ready?
Have you planned for this evening makeup days in advance? You are good to go! Have a very limited time! Don’t panic. Continue reading, you can get ready in a jiffy with perfect evening makeup.
The time gap you have influence choosing what to wear and how to wear. For instance, if you have more than a couple of hours, you can effortlessly try out some magical eye makeup. If not, play with lips and cheeks! Of course, it is all a matter of time.
The 15 minute time-table for your evening makeup
If you only have 15 minutes to do your evening makeup, dot panic.
- Wash your face, pat it dry, dab a coat of primer.
- Get a simple hairdo – comb half your hair up and brush the remaining hair, keep it free (this simple hairstyle goes well with all types of outfits)
- Apply eyeliner until the end of your outer eyes (if you are too hesitant to get it perfectly in a short time, just go with a single coat only on upper lids). If you are an expert in eye makeup, apply both at upper and lower lashes
- Since you run short of time, just apply the lipstick. Your eyes are simple and you can make your lips, dark (the secret to perfect evening makeup when you have no time). Add lip balm or lip gloss to get too shiny. Don’t hesitate to go for darker shades.
- Finally, apply the mascara after curling the lashes!
- Spritz on the spray and carry yourself with some great fragrance
It is not necessary to wash your hair on the day of the party. Washing the day might lead to frizz. Still, it depends on your hair type.
Baby pink blush and taupe eye shadow as an important part of evening makeup just won’t work anymore! You can try out something great with dark shades of makeup.
- Prep your skin. Wash your skin! Use cleanser and deep cleanse the skin. If you don’t have handy cleanser, try some rose water to cleanse the facial skin. It makes your skin super soft and fresh.
- If your skin is dry, apply moisturizer. However, if you are going to use long wearing gel based makeup, you can skip it.
- Give some ice massage to your face and neck! Grab ice cubes, wrap in nice soft cloth. Massage the face for 10 minutes (or up until the ice melts). Ice massage instantly reduces any swelling as well helps makeup stay put.
- Let your skin dry completely.
Evening makeup is the best way to play with the colors on your eyes. You can try some wild and not so popular shades like ivory, copper, midnight blue, azure, etc on your eyes. Make sure to have two or three colors in your eye makeup.
Smoky eye isn’t necessary, you can go simple yet vibrant with just matte eye makeup, with dark eyeliner, (something like cat eyeliner), even colored eyeliner would be great! If your lashes aren’t too thick, don’t hesitate to go for artificial eyelash extensions.
I always recommend finishing the eye makeup first! If you need more ideas on eye makeup, check out the articles and makeup guides on eye makeup here.
Get a small brush or even ear buds would do. Dip the brush in your concealer or primer or foundation, cover all the minute blemishes. Dab the blemishes and make sure to disappear! You can, apply it gently and do not just rub. Now, check yourself in a mirror. Make sure that your skin tone is even with no spots.
Apply the foundation or concealer. You don’t need both, just go with anyone. Always go for a lighter textured foundation. Start it from the inner part of the face and apply it towards ouster corner. Don’t miss any part of the face, including jawline, neck and ears. Make sure that the skin tone is even.
Let the foundation set and wait for a couple of minutes. If you find the foundation settled in fine lines or appear something uneven, fix it with loose powder. If you have overdone with foundation, use a clear sponge and clearly dab it on the skin or you can also remove of excess coat with wide big powder brush.
Brush a light coat of translucent powder, to add brightness to your face.
Define your lip shape with the lip liner. Apply mild or pastel shades with glossy finish.
Don’t miss nail art! If you have more time, try out wearing different nail design to complement your makeup.
You are ready to go. Tell us your favorite colors and your preference about choosing the right colors on evening makeup! What worked best for you? Keep visiting Go Gawjus for more interesting guides on makeup, beauty and everything you need for a perfect makeover.